Membership in the Association is by operating facility, such as a paper mill, a sawmill, woodlands, etc. Approximately 380 operating facilities are currently members. Annual Membership is based on employee numbers. 1-50 employees is $100, 51-100 employees is $150, 101-200 employees is $200, 201-500 is $250 and 501 and up is $300. Please remember that each location must have it's own membership. We do not have any corporate members.
VENDORS ARE $275.
Membership is also open to vendors of safety equipment. Our vendor members are active participants in the annual conference. Dues are based on employee’s at each reporting unit according to the schedule listed below.
Members are placed into reporting categories as follows:
- Paper Mills ~ Large mills (working over 2 million hours/year)
- Paper Mills ~ Medium sized mills (working between 1 and 2 million hours/year)
- Paper Mills ~ Small mills (working under 1 million hours/year)
- Pulp Mills (more than 60% production of market pulp)
- Tissue Mills
- Bag Plants
- Folding Cartons
- Woodlands ~ Large (over 200,000 work hours/year)
- Woodlands ~ Small (200,000 or LESS work hours/year)
- Building Products
- Corrugated Converting
- Sheet Converting
- Tubes & Cores
- Recycle Collection
- 100% Recycle Mill
- Particle Board
- Specialty Operation
These reporting categories are useful as measuring tools for members to be able to accumulate accident data from similar operations. This data also is the basis for the extensive awards program of the Association. Recognition for excellence and improvement are important functions of this organization.